Thursday 9 October 2014

ARTICLES - GARY BARLOW 5 minutes with Gary Barlow 8 October 2014

Take That’s Gary Barlow is in town to showcase hits from his long-spanning career. We caught up with him for a quick chat

What’s it like performing solo after so many years as a group?

It’s very different, but it’s exciting too. I do a very different show as a solo artist; there’s more piano, whereas Take That is a totally different live experience. There’s also the safety of being in a team – when you’re solo it’s just you! Aargh!

What’s your favourite song to perform solo? And as part of Take That? 

Solo it’s Let Me Go, and as part of Take That, Rule The World.

Take That fans from years ago or new fans; who’s more enthusiastic?

Even after all these years we still have a very loud audience; the big difference now is that they can still be loud, but they can also sit and listen!

You’re a husband and father now. Does that make you feel differently about being a performer? Any plans to retire?

Retire? I’m only 43 – definitely no plans to retire! I love what I’m doing more than ever, and I’m still excited by new challenges and projects. Besides, my wife couldn’t stand having me at home all day.

If you get a day off in Dubai, what will you do?

Wild Wadi. We love it there! Jumeirah Sceirah, anyone?!


No comments:

Post a Comment