Thursday 9 October 2014

ARTICLES - JASON ORANGE Did Jason Orange quit Take That to escape fame after suffering crippling stage fright?

We miss Jason already


Take That broke the news on Wednesday that Jason Orange would be leaving the band.

In a statement, Jason explained: "I want to start by saying how proud I am of what we have achieved together over the years.

"However, at a band meeting last week I confirmed to Mark, Gary and Howard that I do not wish to commit to recording and promoting a new album. I have spent some of the best years of my life with Take That and I'd like to thank everyone who has been a part of my journey, including my band mates, who I feel are like brothers to me.


"Most especially my gratitude goes to all of the good and kind, beautiful and ever-loyal fans of the band, without whom none of this could have been possible. Thank you."

We now have an idea of the reason behind Jason’s departure. The 44-year-old decided to call it a day with Take That because he resented fame and become a recluse; growing his hair and beard in an attempt to become unrecognisable in public, according to The Sun.

A fan who spotted him at one of his haunts in Greater Manchester told how when asked for a photograph, Jason refused — saying he felt “violated” by the music industry. The fan said: “He was the grumpiest person in there. We asked him for a quick picture and he said, ‘No, this industry makes me feel violated’. He had a small entourage of young ladies with him.

“We were extremely polite in asking but he point blank said ‘No’. My friend said she had spent money seeing him in concert but he just walked off.”

Jason had also started suffering from crippling stage fright, which marred his enjoyment of performing with the rest of the Take That boys – Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald.

He now plans to travel the world and live anonymously.

“He genuinely likes going off travelling the world with a backpack, being anonymous and fancies himself as a thinker.”

Pals said Jason was feeling much more positive since he faced up to leaving the band over the past weeks.

A friend said: “He feels he’s got his life back. He can now kick on and do what he wants to do. He’s in a very good place.”

No comments:

Post a Comment