Friday 22 August 2014

GARY BARLOW'S DIARY - December '98

The highlight of December was that Howard and I went on a fantastic freebie trip which was organised by the Sultan of Oman in conjunction with Formula 1 and the national pro-karting association. We flew out to Oman to compete in a 48 hour Pro-kart race. Eight teams took part, mainly made up of Formula 1 drivers, pro-karting fanatics and... er... me and Howard. I have to admit that my day's spent on the winners podium whilst go-karting in Cheshire weren't relived in Oman. I knew I was beaten and so I just had a thoroughly good time. 

 Other than Chrimbo, the other big event in December was my holiday. Dawn & I flew off to Jumbly Bay, an island just off Antigua for 10 days and had a super time. I was made up with my tan as I had been turning a rather sickly shade of green from being cooped up in the studio for so long. If anything, our spell in Jumbly Bay made me look a good deal healthier which can only be considered a plus.

 You can read all the entries of the Diary here



No comments:

Post a Comment