Sunday 24 August 2014

ARTICLES - ROBBIE WILLIAMS Hanging Out Transcript MTV, August 1996

Hanging Out Transcript 
MTV, August 1996

Anthony: Who is it?
Robbie: It's Rob!
Anthony: Hi, what are you up to?
Robbie: I'm on MTV!
Anthony: I know you're on MTV, what time are you finishing?
Robbie: I'll be home soon! Have you got any cheese and peas?
Anthony: What? Cheese and peas!
Robbie: Cheese and peas! What?
Anthony: That's just crazy talk!
Robbie: You are live on MTV, to the MTV viewers, of Europe, turn on the television!
Eden: (shouting) "OPEN THE TEL!!" (these were her words, and her grammar mistake)
Robbie: We have this cable thing, when you can't turn it on.
Anthony: Hey, I've done it, you're live!
Robbie: Hi mate
Eden: Robbie, after you have been chatting to him, I wanna ask him something
Robbie: OK
Eden: So, Anthony, what can you tell us about Robbie that nobody else knows?


Anthony: What can I tell you about Rob that nobody else knows? Well, I can tell lots of things about Rob that nobody else knows!
Eden: Yeah , yeah
Boris: Go for it, man.
Anthony: I don't think it would be family viewing!
Robbie: Whatever you have to say about me, may be the truth, but it's still libellous
Eden: Yeah, fair enough." (by the look of her face, I don't think she even knows the meaning of the word, 'libellous')
Anthony: Well, he is a very keen sportsman, and his favorite food is cheesie peas, which is a very interesting mixture of cheese, and peas [Boris looks like he is about to throw up.]
Anthony: Another interesting fact about Robbie, he likes to sing songs in the style of a club singer.
Robbie: (getting up) I am gonna sing one right now, just to prove the fact that I like singing songs in a club singer style, I will sing a song, and you (meaning the audience) will have to guess what it is, OK?
Rob is singing "Roll With It" by Oasis. He says he wants to do one
more, and he sings "Babe" by Take That. This time he doesn't give
the audience any time to answer, and says:
Robbie: It's Babe by Take That, of course it is! That's just crazy talk!
Anthony: Crazy talk!
Robbie: (to Anthony) I hope that suited you.
Anthony: Suits you sir
Robbie: Suits you.
Eden: That is a bit of a private chat, now. Well, thanks Anthony. Goodbye.
Robbie: "Make sure there are chesse and peas, a combination of cheese and peas, when I get home, to make cheesie peas!
Anthony: I will go buy these things right now, will suit you very well
Robbie: Bye
Anthony: See you later
Robbie: I am getting my de-ja vu now, about this thing, I've done this before. (turns his head)
Eden: So what have you done?
Robbie: I've done this before, I've done this before. (turns his head)
Eden: Gotcha!
Robbie: I've done this before
Eden: So do I have to press some button on you to make you stop or something?
Robbie: It's alright, I've done this before.
Boris: Hey Robbie, you should become a stand-up comedian, chuck all that music business away
Robbie: No, I don't think I'll become a stand up, I've done that for 6 years and now I need to do some music! Boris and Eden are laughing.
Robbie: I am joking!
Eden: Yeah, you are joking, you had a good time.
Robbie: I had an excellent time, a lot of happy memories involved with the boys, I can't wait to see them actually, I haven't seen them for a long time and now things have gone to past and it's about time we have a bit of a chat!
Eden: Yeah!
Robbie: And a good boozie (booze) do!
Boris: We're not into alcohol!
Robbie: No, what I mean when I say 'a good boozie(booze) do' is some sparkling water, some mineral water, maybe, I don't know, some strawberry water, which is nice, it's nice!
Eden: That's good for us, I'll say!
Robbie: Drinking a lot of vodka and booze!
Eden: No, we're not into alcohol!
Robbie: Sorry, sorry mom!
Eden: I heard you can do funny things. Can you do Mark?
Robbie: Mark? Why, do you want him?
Eden: No, can you do like a bit of his dancing, a bit of his movement, that kind of stuff?
Robbie: Ok, I'll do Mark, watch this
(Robbie is getting closer to the camera, sitting on his knees, waving his
hands singing "Babe", all the audience is laughing and so are Boris & Eden)

Robbie: It's only I'm joking! I'm here to joke! I am allowed to do that, he is my friend, you know.
Eden: Well, he can have a great laugh
Robbie: And I like him
Boris: So tell us what is your current relation to the guys of Take That
Robbie: Well, I haven't seen them for a long time, and a lot of things have been out in the press, and I have said a lot of things, and they have said a lot of things, and when nobody talks, everything gets lost in the translation (of the things we say), and now it's about time we all get together and have a bit of a chat, drink some spring and mineral water!
Eden: Yeah
Robbie: Everything is going really casual." (then he sees something on the couch they are sitting on, which makes him run screaming around the couch - I didn't get what that was , actually it wasn't clear to anyone!)
Eden: I'd expect you to be a hero and carry me on, not running off like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment