Thursday 21 August 2014

GARY BARLOW'S DIARY - November '98

I spent most of November mixing the album on a fantastic boat on the river in Surrey and all in all it was pretty quiet. I had been feeling pretty miserable as by rights I should have been on tour and I spent most of my spare time feeling that I'd let all of you down. However, towards the end of the month, I got a call, out of the blue, from Elton and he asked me if I'd like to appear on stage with him at the Nynex Arena in Manchester. I couldn't believe that he was asking me - I felt so chuffed. Without even hesitating I said yes and we decided that we would sing 'Sacrifice' together. I have to say that Elton gave me the nicest introduction that anyone could give you and this moment will stay in my memory for a long time. I couldn't believe the welcome I got - it certainly lifted my spirits and I couldn't stop grinning for week's afterwards. What a night!

 You can read all the entries of the Diary here



No comments:

Post a Comment