Friday 29 August 2014

GARY BARLOW'S DIARY - July '99

What a long month July has been - I seem to have done so much that I'm not quite sure where to begin...  
Anyway, I guess a good place to start is with The Party In The Park concert in Hyde Park. I just loved that concert! One hundred thousand people, thirty or more great bands and loads of sunshine. I had a really great time and managed to 'chat' to some of you afterwards when I did a live link to the Capital Radio Website.  
I also spent a bit of time in Cologne, Germany when I presented and performed on their version of Top Of The Pops. I love going to Cologne as one of my favourite restaurants in the world is situated there (you know how I love my food), and I always try and take the time to pay a visit. The Leek soup is one of my all time favourites!! I don't know whether I'm supposed to keep this a secret but the chef actually gave me the recipe the last time I went there, so watch out Gordon Ramsay I'm comin' atcha!!  
Towards the tail end of July I actually managed to spend quite a bit of time at home and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed that. I've spent a lot of time mucking about with the rowing boat on the lake (except that Jess keeps trying to bite off the paddles on the oars) and I have been able to see a lot more of my little nephew Lewis. Actually, he was christened at the beginning of July and I am now officially his godfather - not quite sure if my brother knows what he's letting himself and Lewis in for but there you go! My Dad's bought some peacocks to add to the animal farm and I'm now woken up at the crack of dawn to them screeching... cheers Dad!  
Of course, July 5th saw the launch of my Website and what a success it's been. I can sit for hours reading your messages, so thank you for those.  
I've also been spending time in my studio and I'm about to upgrade the desk so I'm really excited about the arrival of the new equipment. I'll try not to sound like a studio bore but I will have to refer to the arrival of the equipment in my August update. Sorry Folks, but this is a big event for me!  
For those of you who've been asking Dawn is fine but she's been busy working for most of July which means that I'm winning the suntan competition (for once!!).  
We've also decided on the new single and it's called 'For All That You Want' and it'll be out at the end of September. I've already performed it at some of the Roadshows I've been doing and I'd love to know what you think if you've had a chance to hear it. I'll be shooting the video soon so again I'll give you more information about this in next month's update.  
I have managed to meet up with Mike Hrano too and we've started recording the next Fanclub CD already - I hate the sound of my own voice but as long as you don't mind listening to me I'll keep rambling on (and on and on)!!!!  
Well, I'm writing this whilst I'm doing promotion in Finland and as I'm just being called into the TV studio, I'd better finish up.  
A big thank you to all of you who have bought 'Stronger' and for coming along to support me when I've been out 'doing my thing' - I really appreciate it.  
Anyhow, here's to a repeat of all the great weather we've been having for August - you watch it'll start raining now I've said that!! 

 You can read all the entries of the Diary here



2 comments:

  1. I love reading these! it's hard too because he sounds so happy and we know what's coming, but it's just so insightful. Thanks so much for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy to share, thanks for your comment

      Delete