Wednesday 20 August 2014

GARY BARLOW'S DIARY - September '98

The most amazing thing that happened in September was that I became an Uncle for the first time. My little nephew Lewis was born on the 24th September. He's a beaut' - and he's growing so fast it's unbelievable. My brother Ian and his wife Lisa are thrilled to bits with him - he's a great addition to the household. Also in September, the strings for 'Lie To Me' were recorded at CTS studios in Wembley. Will Malone was responsible for the string arrangement ( he did the amazing strings on The Verve's 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' too ) and he did the song proud. We had a 34 piece orchestra and I invited my Mum and Dad down to watch the recording - it was wonderful. Of course, I had to squeeze in another Grand Prix and the tail end of September and this time it was off to Nurburg in Germany for the Luxembourg Grand Prix. Howard came with me and Hakinnen won by about 4 seconds - Schumacher looked non too pleased if you ask me!


 You can read all the entries of the Diary here



No comments:

Post a Comment